Arnold Community Church is a Mennonite Brethren church which embraces evangelical – Anabaptist theological distinctives. Regarding baptism, we embrace the following.
We believe that when people receive God’s gift of salvation, they are to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Baptism is a sign of having been cleansed from sin. It is a covenant with the church to walk in the way of Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Baptism by water is a public sign that a person has repented of sins, received forgiveness of sins, died with Christ to sin, been raised to newness of life, and received the Holy Spirit. Baptism is a sign of the believer’s incorporation into the body of Christ as expressed in the local church. Baptism is also a pledge to serve Christ according to the gifts given to each person.
Baptism is for those who confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and commit themselves to follow Christ in obedience as members of the local church. Baptism is for those who understand its meaning, are able to be accountable to Christ and the church, and voluntarily request it on the basis of their faith response to Jesus Christ.
We practice water baptism by immersion administered by the local church. Local congregations may receive into membership those who have been baptized by another mode on their confession of faith. Persons who claim baptism as infants and wish to become members of Arnold Community Church are to receive baptism on their confession of faith.
How can I request baptism at Arnold Community Church?
- Contact the church office to arrange a meeting with the Lead Pastor.
- Demonstrate a regular attendance and engagement in the life of ACC for a period of time that you sense there is a fittedness. At Arnold Community Church, being baptized into Christ is also being incorporated into His Body which is best expressed in the local Church.
- Attend a seminar that outlines ACC’s theological distinctives (Mennonite Brethren), our understanding of baptism, vision, core values, and membership expectations.
- Demonstrate agreement with the Mennonite Brethren theological confession of faith, ACC’s vision, values, and membership covenant.
- Prepare a written testimony that describes your faith experience and commitment to Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour that will be shared with the church family.
- Participate in a worship service where the church is gathered to celebrate and affirm your commitment to Jesus through baptism.